font-family: FontAwesome; content: '\f16d';
If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Follow Us

Our veterinary patients like to eat many things- some benign while others are very serious. If your pet ingests any of the following items then emergency treatment is indicated. This list is not all-inclusive so if your pet ingests something that is not on this list, please call our office for advice. 

- Chocolate (the darker the chocolate, the more toxic it tends to be)

- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication (in a higher dose than prescribed by your vet or any human NSAID. Acetaminophen is particularly toxic in cats)

- Lilies; any part of the flower or plant (cats)

- Sago palm; any part of the plant (dogs)

- Antifreeze, this can be found in reusable cold packs and beauty eye masks too! 

- Grapes or raisins (dogs)

- Items that are too large to pass through the small intestine (rocks, toys, etc)

- Rat bait/poison

- Xylitol (sugar substitute found in many chewing gums and other sweet treats)

- Garlic 

- Onions

- Macadamia Nuts

- Alcohol 

If our office is closed, please call Animal Poison Control at (888)426-4435. A $65 charge may apply for a poison control consult but is worth every penny if it helps save your pet's life!